CORPORATE SERVICES DIRECTORATE
APPLICATION SYSTEM SPECIALIST
(MUNICIPAL INFORMATION SYSTEMS)
(Contractual appointment – 01 March 2020 to 30 June 2020)
POSITION CODE: 200101
TASK Grade 13 (R432 720– R601 620 per annum)
(STANDARD FRINGE BENEFITS DO NOT APPLY TO THIS POSITION)
Qualifications and experience required:
- Recognized qualification in Information Technology (NQF Level 6).
- Relevant experience in the Information Technology field (6 years) with extensive programming and Project exposure.
- Valid Code EB Drivers’ License.
Key attributes and competencies:
- Required to be on standby after hours in order to minimize the users of applications to the users.
- Required to work overtime to meet user deadlines and to resolve time-critical problems.
- Understanding and aligning user/business needs.
- Application system/program design.
- System implementation and maintenance.
- Co-ordinating and controlling procedures associated with directing and providing guidance during the analysis of business needs and end-user requirements
- Developing and designing small to major application systems and/or programs or enhancements using Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) packages
- Evaluating and/or reporting on the phases of the System Development Life Cycle and providing solutions to support alignment or modification of system application outcomes to ensure that new or modified systems are capable of achieving and accomplishing critical business objectives and effectively addresses user requirements and expectations.
As part of the selection process, candidates may be tested on any requirement, skill or competency, which will include pre-employment screening, a medical examination, security vetting and psychometric assessment.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Applications must be made and submitted electronically; hand delivered or mailed applications for these positions will not be accepted.
Kindly note that all applications for employment should be completed and submitted online on the municipal website at www.nelsonmandelabay.gov.za(go to “Vacancies’ to find the official employment application form of the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality).
The completed application form must be submitted electronically from this site, accompanied by certified and scanned copies of academic qualifications and a CV.
Please complete one employment application form per vacancy.
Telephonic enquiries may be directed to the Receptionist, tel: 041 506 3259.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY, 13 MARCH 2020 before 14h00.
Ref. 31 – 28 February 2020