LOCATION: JohannesburgCLOSING DATE & TIME: 3/17/2020 11:55 PM
Purpose of the Job: Attend to litigated matters by investigating assessing and settling defended claims with the view to reduce the number of matters that proceed to trail; and to provide supervisory function to the team.
Key Performance Areas
- Ensure that the unit conducts preliminary assessment of litigated files.
- Supervise and ensure that the unit instruct panel attorney on appointment of relevant experts.
- Actively manage and control the litigation process in the unit to ensure early settlement.
- Report on trial outcomes and out of court settlements in the unit.
- Verify and approve manual and system offers.
- Monitor and arrange block settlements.
- High court duty attending to new and revised instructions)
- Prepare and analyse reports to be submitted to the team lead.
- Monitor compliance and non – compliance with RAF policies, procedure and processes.
- Plan, monitor and review performance.
- Establish and maintain internal stakeholder relations.
- Establish and maintain positive external stakeholder’s relations.
- Investigate and assess legal liability of the RAF on claims lodged.
- Analyse and interpret outcome of claims investigations.
- Liaise internally on litigated and non-litigated claims with panel and plaintiff.
- Monitor and report on Panel attorney’s compliance or non-compliance in terms of the SLA.
Manage and supervise team of Litigation Officers and assistants with regards to:
- Quality and quantity of output in line with assigned targets.
- Adherence to court and internal time lines.
- Authorise appointments of actuaries and assessors utilising VRS systems.
- Give legal guidance to team of Litigation Officer and other internal stake holders.
- Deputise for litigation manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- B Degree in Law @ NQF Level 8
- Admission as an Attorney or Advocate of the High Court.
- Relevant 4 years minimum experience in claims / litigation environment of which 1 year is on supervisory experience.
Technical and behavioral competencies required:
- Organisational Resilience
- Personal Mastery
- Team Resilience
- Judgement and Decision making
- Emotional wisdom
- Ethics and governance
- Customer orientation and customer focus
- Dispute resolution and negotiation skills
- Third party compensation law.
- Understanding of the RAF Business Processes.
- Computer Literate.
- Sound knowledge of the Amendment Act and Regulations.
- Sound knowledge of Magistrate Court Rules and Magistrate Court Act and High court rules and Act.
- Knowledge of relevant case law and Legislation.
- Supervisory skills.
- Planning and Organising.
- Analytical thinking.
- Good communication skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility – job requires being open to change and to consider variety in the work.
- Initiative – willingness to take decisions and responsibility.
- Leadership – willingness to lead take charge and offer opinions and solutions
- Social orientation –team work.
A total cost to company of minimum remuneration package applicable to this position is R502 953.00
per annum and will be negotiable commensurate with experience.
Closing date: 17 March 2020
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no additional contributions from the Employer; successful candidates are required to structure their packages in manner that will suit their needs“.
INSTRUCTIONS TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
- Submit a short cv with a maximum of 5 pages
APPLICATIONS CAN BE FORWARDED FOR ATTENTION OF THE RECRUITMENT OFFICER AT email@example.comOR Hand delivered at 28th Floor, corner Jeppe and Von Wielligh Streets, Johannesburg.